By Ritik Bhagat
After the implementation of the Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill 2019 bill in August 2019, the penalty for breaking traffic rules has increased by 10 times. The penalty has been increased to Rs 2000 even if there is no auto insurance. As a rule, it is mandatory for any vehicle owner to get Third Party Insurance. In this article, we are giving information about the new prices of Third Party Insurance (Price List 2019).
What type of motor insurance to take?
First of all, you have to decide what type of vehicle insurance to get – only third party insurance or Comprehensive insurance. Because, the prices that we have mentioned here are for third party insurance only. And motor insurance is of two types, depending on the facilities (insurance protections) involved with it.
Third party insurance only
In this, the insurance company pays damages for any other person or property damage from your vehicle. This law is compulsory, if it is not there, legal action will be taken against you. There is no compensation for the damage done to your vehicle.
Comprehensive Motor Insurance
Third party insurance is included in this, as well as Own Damage also gets the benefit. That is, in case of any damage to your vehicle, it is also compensated by the insurance company. It is not mandatory by law, but it is in your interest to take it.
Personal Accident Insurance and Add Ons
If you take Comprehensive Motor Insurance, there is an option to take other ancillary insurance cover with it. These are called add ons or riders. Such as personal accident insurance, engine safety cover, road assistant cover, zero depreciation cover, etc. But keep in mind – the more insurance facilities you increase, the higher the premium will be. Also know what this premium is.
The cost of insurance is called premium
The price the insurance company charges in exchange for providing insurance protection to you or your vehicle is called premium. It can also be repaid simultaneously and in installments. So now let’s know how much premium you have to pay to get third party insurance in today’s date.
Third Party Insurance Price List -2019
The list of third party insurance that we are giving in this article is applicable from 16 June 2019. That is, on 16 June 2019 and any subsequent date, third party insurance is being done at the same rate.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India-IRDAI issued its notification on 4 June 2016.
The prices of vehicle insurance vary depending on the engine capacity (CC) of the vehicles. Here we are also giving a different list of third party insurance prices according to the type of vehicles (two-wheeler, private car, commercial).
Insurance fee for bike and two-wheeler (premium)
- 482 for engine capacity less than 75 cc
- 752 for capacity between 75 cc to 150 cc
- 1193 for capacity between 150 cc to 350 cc
- Rs 2323 for engine capacity over 350 cc
Insurance fee (premium) for private car
- 2072 rupees for engine capacity less than 1000 cc
- 3221 for capacity between 1000 cc to 1500 cc
- 7890 rupees for engine capacity over 1500 cc
Insurance fee for electric two-wheeler and private car
- Electric Private Car
- 1761 for capacity below 30 KW (kW)
- 2738 rupees for capacity between 30 KW to 65 KW
- Rs 6707 for a vehicle above 65 KW capacity
- Electric two-wheeler
- 410 for capacity below 3 KW (kW)
- Rs 639 for capacity between 3 KW to 7 KW
- Rs 1014 for capacity between 7 KW to 16 KW
- 1975 for a two-wheeler with a capacity of more than 16 KW
For private (four wheeler or big) vehicles carrying goods
GVW= gross vehicle weight
- Vehicles weighing less than 7500 kg (GVW) Rs. 8438
- Vehicles weighing between 12000 and 20000 kg are priced at Rs 17204.
- Vehicles weighing from 20000 to 40000 kg, 10876 rupees
- 17476 for engine capacity over 350 cc
- Vehicles weighing more than 40000 kg
For goods carrying government (four wheeler or big) vehicles
- Vehicles weighing less than 7500 kg (GVW) Rs 15746
- Vehicles weighing between 7500 and 12000 kg, Rs 26935
- Vehicles weighing from 12000 to 20000 kg will cost Rs. 33418.
- Vehicles weighing between 20000 and 40000 kilograms Rs 43037
- Vehicles weighing more than 40000 kilograms Rs 41561
For private three wheeler motor vehicles
- Battery-powered vehicles (E-carts) 3204 rupees
- Non E-carts Rs. 3914
For official three wheeler motor vehicles
- Battery-powered vehicles (E-carts) Rs 2859
- Non E-carts (Rs. 4092)
Insurance fee for premium three wheeler
- Rs 806 for 6-ride capacity e-rickshaw (battery based)
- 1241 for a three-wheeler in addition to an e-rickshaw with 6 riding capacity
- Rs 6913 + Rs.1379 per license holder passenger for motorized tricycles of 6 to 17 passenger capacity
- Rs 15845 + Rs.969 per license holder for a three-wheeler with a capacity of more than 17 rides
Insurance Charges (Premium) for a four-wheeler carrying a ride
- Four Wheeler Basic Third Party Premium up to 6 Rides Premium per Licensed Passenger
- Vehicles with engine capacity less than 1000 cc Rs 5769 Rs 1110
- Vehicles with capacity between 1000 cc to 1500 cc Rs 7584 Rs 937
- Vehicles with engine capacity of more than 1500 cc Rs 1051 Rs 1067
- Four wheeler with more than 6 ride capacity
- Rs 13874 for school bus Rs 848
- Rs 14894 for a separate bus from school bus Rs 886
Insurance charge for premium two wheeler
- Basic third party premium per license holder passenger
- Two-wheelers less than 75 cc capacity Rs 861 Rs 580
- 75cc to 150cc capacity two wheeler Rs 861 Rs 580
- 150cc to 350cc capacity two wheeler Rs 861 Rs 580
- Two wheeler with capacity over 350 cc Rs 2254 Rs 580
Here we have given a price list of third party insurance about more popular vehicles. For other types of vehicles, you can see the price of third party insurance on IRDA website-
Youtube Channel Topic
Thank You So Much